Result focused application developers and support specialists with experience in the functions and operations of computers, commercial computer software, database software, local area networks (LANs), including hardware/software installation; Web site development; general principles of office automation, and computer systems analysis; VOIP Communications; a variety of hardware, operating systems, and related software.
Don Mankin has been fascinated with technology since he purchased his first Radio Shack TRS-80 computer back in 1978. His interest in programming began first by patching existing Z80 machine language op codes on floppy game disks to support joysticks. After interfacing a 300 baud modem, he became obsessed with Bulletin Board Systems. He modified an existing Basic BBS program to his liking, and later designed and programmed his own flavor of BBS called MINIHOST, written in Pascal, running on IBM MS-DOS, and sold as shareware. He implemented a 24 line BBS from his spare bedroom which later morphed into his small town’s first ISP. During his professional career of over 25 years, he has worn many hats – mostly as programmer – but including implementing and supporting networking infrastructure.
Experienced professional with a unique combination of technical expertise, and design and production support to lead the delivery and implementation of mission-critical software systems.
· Death Race 2000 ARMA 3 Mission – Bohemia Interactive’s obscure .sqs, .sqf, .sqm programming language used in their ARMA 3 war simulator mission scripts. 16,500+ lines of code.
· Android JAVA development specializing in SSH and SFTP to Linux protocols.
· Visual Studio C# .NET application development.
· WordPress website development extending PHP. Sample: ItsWhatsNOW Magazine
· IT / IS Management of Microsoft based data center and web services facility using IIS, SQL Server, Exchange, and Active Directory, etc.
· Avaya Definity telecommunications infrastructure conversion to Cisco VOIP solution.
· FAX server array setup and support
· Internet Service Provider setup and support.
· Virtual Machine Technology setup and support.
· Various software tools written in C++, C#, using .NET
Specialties: Software Development, IT Architecture
Operating Systems: VMWare, VirtualBox, Linux, Windows..
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, ADO, CDO, DAO, ODBC, ADSI, MS Jet, MS Access, Xbase
Microsoft: SQL Server, Exchange, IIS, Active Directory
Networks: TCP/IP, XNS, IPX, DHCP, WINS, DNS, SMS, NT/UB LAN Admin.
Telephony: Cisco Unified Communications VOIP, Avaya Definity
Misc: Rapid Prototyping, User Requirements, Testing, Documentation, GUI, Internet, Personal Computers